Top Electric Breast Pump United States Being a mother is always a blissful journey, but sometimes breastfeeding babies can be a daunting experience. Newborns often don’t breastfeed as they find it tough to suck or latch, especially if they are born prematurely. In these cases, using breast pumps can help you to ensure that your baby can enjoy the benefits of breast milk even when you are not directly breastfeeding him/her.
But finding the right breast pump can often be daunting for new mothers. So, before selecting any device, you must consider the details like how often or how rarely you stay away from the baby, how many hours a day and most importantly whether you have a well-established milk supply. Remember that every mother and baby has some different requirements and these requirements often change along with your expressing and breastfeeding journey.
So, if you are just starting, then let’s learn several things about breast pumps and then delve deeper into things you need to consider for choosing the right pump according to your situation.
What is a breast pump?
A breast pump is an electric or manual pumping device that allows the mother to stimulate her breast milk production and store the milk in a container by pumping her breasts. Usually, the pumping sessions last for 10-15 minutes every breast. Every pump is available with a breast shield, which is a cone-shaped cup that fits over your nipples and breasts. Replacement or larger shields are also available with the manufacturers if you find the standard breast shield is too small. Besides, maintenance parts of these pumps like duck valves or tubing also require on-time replacement.
Breast pumps can be of two types, manual and electric. Here, we will discuss the electric pumps. If you need to pump milk often whether because of your work or your commitment to another kid, you can opt for the electric breast pump. Many women prefer electric pumps as they allow them to collect more milk in less time compared to manual pumps. Besides, the best electric breast pumps allow double-pumping that boosts the production of milk by emptying your breasts. This is highly useful for women, who want to extract more milk than one feed.
The top electric breast pump United States comes with some customizable or adjustable features like:
1. These pumps have double breast pumping ability that can collect milk from both breasts simultaneously.
2. These pumps work as a customized solution that mimics the suckling patterns of babies.
3. These pumps offer a higher number of pumps every minute
4. These pumps come with indication levels that allow you to check how much milk has been collected.
Unlike manual breast pumps, automatic breast pumps do the pumping job once you place the collection cup on the breast. This ensures that you don’t have to use your hands for pumping milk manually, which is straining and exhausting.
What are the main benefits of using an electric breast pump?
For mothers, who face a constriction of time, the electric breast pumps work like a boon. When compared to the manual pumps, the electric pumps need less time to
effectively express milk.
For mothers, who want to regularly pump milk out, the electric breast pumps help to do it effortlessly.
The electric pumps often come in different models like hospital-grade pumps and double pumps.
The top electric breast pump United States often comes with double breast pumps that can pump out milk simultaneously. This way, it saves your time.
It is comparatively easy to sanitize and clean electric breast pumps. These pumps are also available with wipes and microwavable steam bags.
Important considerations when using an electric breast pump:
1. Electric pumps are easy to clean, use, and assemble: When it comes to choosing an electric breast pump, choose one that can be sanitized and cleaned easily after use. Besides, electric pumps with better vacuum pumps would help to grip the breasts easily for smooth suction of milk. Apart from that, you should also look for models that are quick and easy to assemble.
2. Electric pumps often come with double pumps: Electric breast pump models with double pumps can successfully pump milk out simultaneously from both breasts. This is
a time-saver. Besides, it successfully increases the production of milk. As more milk pumps out, more milk generates. Consider this factor before you invest.
3. Electric pumps can be pumped outside: If you are one of those mothers, who have to go out regularly, then it is better to select a portable electric pump. It will help you to carry it around easily. The best devices often come with ice bags for storing the expressed milk. And some even come with chargers, which can be used in the car plug points.
4. Electric pumps have more speed: When buying electric breast pumps, choose the ones that can pump out more milk within a short time. The best quality devices often change their speeds with just a single touch of a button.
Guide to using electric breast pumps safely:
Always use the pump after sitting in a relaxed and comfortable position. Remember, any type of anxiousness or discomfort can hamper the milk supply.
Always choose pumps with the right flanges. Remember, improper flanges can make your nipples painful and sore. Besides, your breasts will also feel full because of
improper suction of milk.
Before using, go through the manuals of the pump thoroughly to avoid any mishap.
Wash your hands properly before and after every session of milk express.
Seal the pump always when it is not in use. Otherwise, the pump will gradually lose its effectiveness.
Never use already used pumps as they may carry bacteria and viruses from earlier users
that can infect you and your baby.
Preset the pump in the mode in which you are comfortable.
Once the flow of milk slows down and your breasts don’t feel full anymore, just switch the pump off.
After pouring the milk into a bottle, mark it with the date before refrigerating.